Accountability is important when managing grant funds. Consequently, PCCD follows these practices:
• Requires that grantee expenditures are consistent with approved budget categories, eligible for reimbursement, and supported by documentation. If notified by PCCD, grantees must submit financial back-up for some or all of the categories included in their Egrants fiscal report.
- Requires accounting systems be able to identify revenue and expenditures for each PCCD grant separately from all other revenue and expenditure sources.
• Reimburses only actual expenditures recorded on the required fiscal report, which must be submitted quarterly (monthly or more frequently for those agencies experiencing cash flow problems).
• Allows grantees to include expenditure detail by line item instead of just the overall budget category expenditures, making sure each line item matches what is in the approved budget.
• Conducts onsite fiscal monitoring of grants across all state
• Assists agencies identified in PCCD’s risk classification system as higher risk agencies.
- and federally funded projects.