2022 CJAB Conference, April 12 & 13
"Call for Presenters"
The Pennsylvania Commission on Crime and Delinquency (PCCD) and the County Commissioner's Association of Pennsylvania (CCAP) are pleased to announce that planning is underway for the 2022 Criminal Justice Advisory Board (CJAB) Conference. The conference will be held on April 12 - 13, 2022 at the Penn Stater Hotel and Conference Center in State College, Pennsylvania.
The theme of this year's conference will focus on the administration of justice in an ever-changing world. In planning our conferences and events, we evaluate attendee feedback from the previous year to ensure that we provide quality programming based upon the needs and interests of our conference attendees. Therefore, we are seeking presenters and sessions that can offer insight into the programs and educational materials that successfully address these areas. Preference will be given to proposals highlighting innovative solutions, best practices, and promising approaches with relevant content and experience. Special attention to updated policies, procedures, and structural changes to programming (such as the use of modern technology, enhanced supervision practices, expanded therapeutic strategies, and alternatives to incarceration) are appreciated.
Examples of the types of presentations we're seeking are listed below, and is not all-inclusive:
- Self-Care for first responders, behavioral health, and justice practitioners.
- Effects of traumatic experiences on the brain (including, but not limited to adverse childhood experiences, sexual and physical abuse, substance abuse, etc.);
- Trauma-informed treatment, programming and best practices, both in community and in prison/community supervision;
- Behavioral health treatment/programming for justice involve individuals (highlighting program(s) from pre-trial through post incarceration);
- Effective strategies for working with justice involve individuals with autism and intellectual disabilities, and other behavioral health needs;
- Best practices and programs addressing racial and ethnic disparity in the criminal justice system;
- Promising approaches to strengthening relationships between the justice system and local communities (including, but not limited to law enforcement and community engagement, community policing/supervision strategies, community partnerships for returning citizens, etc.);
- Strategies to reduce gun violence in communities;
- Personal stories/journeys or small community/rural strategies about any of the above.
Our target audience includes law enforcement, courts, probation, corrections, county leaders, behavioral health practitioners, and other criminal justice-related professionals and community members. Proposals can include various presentation styles, including one or more speakers, a panel presentation, video(s), or a combination of these or other presentation styles. Proposed presentations should be either 1.25 hours (75 minutes) or 2.5 hours in duration, with the ability to break down the latter into two segments to be presented consecutively during the breakout block. Please complete all sections of the attached Call for Presenters application.
For your proposal to be considered, please complete and submit all materials by Friday, October 29, 2021. Selected presenters will be notified on or before November 23, 2021.
The deadline for proposal submission is Friday, October 29, 2021.
Submit a proposal for the 2022 CJAB Conference
If you have any content or logistical questions, please feel free to contact Jackie Weaknecht at (717) 265-8498 or by e-mail at email@example.com.