PA Overdose Prevention Program
The Pennsylvania Overdose Prevention Program (POPP) launched in August 2023 as a joint initiative between the Pennsylvania Commission on Crime and Delinquency (PCCD) and the Pennsylvania Department of Drug and Alcohol Programs (DDAP). The program offers multiple formulations of naloxone as well as drug checking strips designed to detect xylazine and fentanyl at no cost to organizations across Pennsylvania.
POPP's goal is to enhance community-based distribution and harm reduction efforts, with a focus on reaching individuals with the greatest risk of experiencing overdose. These include, but are not limited to, the following populations:
- People who are currently using substances;
- People who know someone currently using substances;
- Individuals using syringe service programs (SSPs) and harm reduction services; and
- Justice-involved individuals with substance use disorders, including people who were recently incarcerated.
How to Request Overdose Prevention Supplies
Organizations can use the interactive Recognized Entities map, which can be filtered by product, distribution methods, trainings offered, and will display contact information for getting supplies.
If organizations are unable to receive supplies through a Recognized Entity, PCCD may also fulfill orders through the POPP request form. Organizations will be asked to provide information on the type(s) of product you would like to receive, how much product you are requesting, and how you plan to use the supply.
PCCD is currently able to purchase the following products: *Please note that product availability through PCCD listed below is subject to change and processing/delivery times may vary.
- (Currently available) Intranasal 4mg naloxone (Narcan)
- Note - Padagis 4mg intranasal is currently unavailable to order/fulfill through our contracts/vendors.
- (Currently available) Intranasal 8mg naloxone (Kloxxado)
- (Currently unavailable) Intramuscular naloxone (vials only - various products)
- (Currently available) Fentanyl test strips (BTNX - 100 FTS per box; DanceSafe - 100 FTS per box)
- (Currently available) Xylazine test strips (BTNX - 100 XTS per box; DanceSafe - 25 XTS per box)
Additional Program Information
If you have any questions about the program, need assistance, or
want to provide any feedback about POPP, please contact PCCD staff via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.