Southwestern PA Regional Threat Assessment Hub
About the Hub
The Pennsylvania Commission on Crime and Delinquency (PCCD), in partnership with the University of Pittsburgh, is leveraging federal funding through the U.S. Department of Homeland Security's FY 2020 Targeted Violence & Terrorism Prevention (TVTP) Grant Program to launch a new regional initiative. The Southwestern Pennsylvania Regional Threat Assessment Hub launched in Spring 2022, and will focus on the following goals:
- Expand use of evidence-based threat assessment and management practices in more settings and communities within the Southwest Region.
- Link existing targeted violence prevention and threat assessment initiatives within six Southwestern Pennsylvania counties (Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Butler, Washington, and Westmoreland).
- Build capacity of community members to recognize and report potential threats to prevent targeted violence and increase utilization of available tip-lines and hotlines.
- Increase access to high-quality, evidence-based training and professional development opportunities for professionals in threat management.
- Facilitate interagency coordination and formalizing information sharing protocols among Hub members and provide technical assistance and consultations with experts.
The Hub is open to organizations, agencies, and other entities working in Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Butler, Washington, and Westmoreland Counties interested in enhancing threat assessment capabilities, including:
- Law enforcement agencies;
- Hospitals and healthcare organizations;
- Education institutions;
- Community groups (e.g., faith-based organizations); and
Interested in Learning More?
If your organization or agency is interested in learning more about the Southwestern Pennsylvania Regional Threat Assessment Hub initiative, including updates on future Hub meetings and trainings, we'd love to hear from you.
Please contact the Hub's Project Director, Dr. Jack Rozel, at firstname.lastname@example.org or PCCD's Project Coordinator Alyssa Subsinsky (email@example.com).