The Office of Safe Schools Advocate (OSSA) was created to provide assistance to students who have
been hurt physically, emotionally, sexually or financially by another person or
group of people while on school property.
HOW OSSA HELPS YOU
|WHY SHOULD I CONTACT OSSA?|
- If you have been a victim of violence in a school; and
- If you have been harmed and/or feel threatened, harassed or bullied and are at risk of being hurt or injured.
|WHAT DOES OSSA DO FOR ME?|
- Inform, advise parents/caregivers and advocate for students who have been victimized;
- Provide assistance and advice on available victim support services;
- Provide information about the school's disciplinary process and its outcomes;
- Assist victims in making sure their concerns are heard and their needs are met;
- Appear at hearings, speak on behalf of victims if requested; and
- Provide assistance and advice on available victim support services.