Act 18 Resources for PA School Entities
In accordance with Act 18 of 2019, the School Safety and Security Committee (SSSC) has approved the following resources and documents of school entities and others to use to implement requirements under Article XIII-E of the PA Public School Code:
- (new) PCCD Model K-12 Threat Assessment Procedures and Guidelines (2nd Edition, 2022), to support school entities in developing their own policies and threat assessment teams in compliance with the expectations delineated in Act 18 of 2019 and Act 55 of 2022.
- Guidance on Communication and Information on Confidentiality, in a Q&A format, to assist schools in ensuring open communication with other school-based intervention teams (particularly Student Assistance Program (SAP) and Individualized Education Program (IEP) teams) and maintaining appropriate confidentiality in accordance with state and federal law.
- Information for School Staff, Parents, and Guardians, in a PowerPoint format, that school entities can adapt to include local connections and utilize as part of an interactive presentation.
- Students Preventing Violence in School, in a PowerPoint format, provides information tailored to students that students can access directly, teachers can use in the classroom, or school entities can otherwise adapt and incorporate into an interactive or multimedia presentation.
- (new) PCCD Threat Assessment Case Management Form, in an editable Word document version and as a PDF, to provide school entity Threat Assessment Teams with a framework for documenting threat assessment cases based on good practice and aligned with the PCCD Model K-12 Threat Assessment Procedures and Guidelines.
- Pennsylvania K-12 Threat Assessment Technical Assistance and Training Network,Opens In A New Window providing free, comprehensive online training modules for K-12 Threat Assessment Teams Opens In A New Window, regional in-person "train-the-trainer" events, and no-cost technical assistance supports for Pennsylvania school entities. (Note: More information about these resources is available on the "Threat Assessment Training for Pennsylvania School Entities" page.)