2023 CJAB Conference, March 21 & 22
"Call for Presenters"
The Pennsylvania Commission on Crime and Delinquency (PCCD) and the County Commissioner's Association of Pennsylvania (CCAP) are pleased to announce that planning is underway for the 2023 Criminal Justice Advisory Board (CJAB) Conference. The conference will be held on March 21-22, 2023, at the Penn Stater Hotel and Conference Center in State College, Pennsylvania.
The theme of this year's conference will focus on strengthening partnerships and collaboration
In planning our conferences and events, we evaluate attendee feedback from the previous year to ensure that we provide quality programming based upon the needs and interests of our conference attendees. Therefore, we are seeking presenters and sessions that can offer insight into the programs and educational materials that successfully address these areas. Preference will be given to proposals highlighting innovative solutions, best practices, and promising approaches with relevant content and experience. Special attention to updated policies, procedures, and structural changes to programming (such as the use of modern technology, enhanced supervision practices, expanded therapeutic strategies, and alternatives to incarceration) are appreciated.
Examples of the types of presentations we're seeking are listed below, and is not all-inclusive:
- CJAB Best Practices (i.e., Engaging members, Leadership succession, Strategic Planning)
- Courts and Corrections (i.e., Problem-solving courts, Jail-based programs
- Law Enforcement and Community Safety (i.e., Community engagement, Gun violence strategies and initiatives, Diversion, School Safety Initiatives)
- Reentry (i.e., Reentry Initiatives, Community partnerships
- Behavioral Health (i.e., Mental Health, Substance Abuse or co-occurring initiatives for justice involved individuals, MAT programs, coordinated efforts to best utilize opioid settlement funds)
- General/other (Strengthening relationships between the justice system and local communities
Our target audience includes law enforcement, courts, probation, corrections, county leaders, behavioral health practitioners, and other criminal justice-related professionals and community members. Proposals can include various presentation styles, including one or more speakers, a panel presentation, video(s), or a combination of these or other presentation styles. Proposed presentations should be either 1.5 hours (90 minutes) for a plenary session, 1 hour for a breakout session, or 2 hours in duration for a two-part breakout session (two segments to be presented consecutively during the breakout block). Please complete all sections of the attached Call for Presenters application.
For your proposal to be considered, please complete and submit all materials by Friday, October 28, 2022. Selected presenters will be notified on or before November 23, 2022.
The deadline for proposal submission is Friday, October 28, 2022.
Submit a proposal for the 2023 CJAB Conference
If you have any content or logistical questions, please feel free to contact Jackie Weaknecht at (717) 265-8498 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.